Sunday, May 10, 2009

Xavier leaves for Asia


Xavier Silverstein left for his trip to Han Dow, a tiny village in Japan. He's leaving to write a series about how their culture, work, and food kept the healthy while a devastating virus made it's way through the region. 

He sent this photo along with a letter to his brother, who allowed us to view it. The letter read, in part, 

"I'm loving the food, here. They even let me try cooking it for them. It was a simple cooked salmon meal, but it was amazing. It makes me miss culinary school even more. I'll bring back plenty of new recipes for us to try out."

Craig has told us that part of a surprise for Xavier's coming home is a new restaurant for all of Lemon Creek to enjoy. Xavier will be head chef and will name it when he returns. A waitress has already been hired, but if anyone would like to make extra money cleaning up, apply with Craig Silverstein.

2 comments:

  1. Lemon Creek seems to be very interesting to me. You can check out my blog if you want, or follow it. :)
    P.S. You can really take some fantastic pictures!

    I deleted the comment on the post before this, beacuse this post is more recent, and you probably would look at this first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be more clear about what blog I was talking about for you to see, look at Jubilee Hollow. :)

    ReplyDelete