Sunday, May 3, 2009

Great Harvest!


Today was the first harvest day of the season for the plants at Abbott Farm! Claire Abbott, the town's spokessim, was working up a sweat picking strawberries, peppers, and, of course, lemons!

"It's tough work, but it's super rewarding," Claire said. "I'm working with my family, which makes it a lot easier, and it's an Abbott tradition, so I really enjoy doing it. I also like knowing that I'm helping make something that will feed my friends and neighbors."

The harvest work is far from done. Frank Abbott chimed in, "I'm getting older now, so it's great that I have my wife and kids to help with the farm work. This will probably be the last year I'm strong enough to harvest, so I'm stretching it out for as many days as possible."

Go to the town market to pick up your fresh produce before everyone else! 

No comments:

Post a Comment