Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nadine Grimm gives birth!

Lifelong resident Nadine Grimm recently gave birth to quads at a distant hospital. This is the first incidence of multiple births in Lemon Creek. The babies are named Luke, Mia, Krista, and William. Their birth is extremely controversial because it is unclear wether single parent Nadine will be able to support four children. They are all low birthweight but should be coming home within a few days.

Nadine has had a long history of severe mental illness, making this case even more complicated. She lives with her younger sister who takes care of her. 
We caught her sister, Abbey, as she left the house for her waitressing job.


She said, "Look, whatever my sister does, I'm going to have her back. That's pretty much just the way it is. I had no idea she even wanted a baby, let alone taking fertility medication. I'm going to help her with them, and they won't be a drain on the community at all. My sister isn't a bad person, she's just made some difficult choices. I'm pretty tired of everyone portraying her as a monster. She's sick, and it's not her fault."

Abbey then had to leave for work and had no more time to speak with us.

1 comment:

  1. This story sounds so very familiar. It's great. I love it.

    ReplyDelete