Saturday, May 30, 2009

Meridian - Music&Money


Even in his deams, Asher couldn't get a break. Since his father was murdered, a good night's sleep was very hard to come by. This particular night, Asher was haunted by nightmare after nightmare, the most terrifying of which involved his father, resurrected as a zombie, standing over Elena's bed, and he couldn't get to her room in time to save her.

He was finally fed up with waking up covered in sweat, heart racing, so he decided to give up on trying to sleep and see if anything was on television.

He heard the floorboards creak as his sister crept into the livingroom, looking exhausted.
 



"Can't sleep either?" she asked, groggily.

He shrugged. He hated when she could tell something was wrong. He was supposed to be taking care of he
r, not the other way around. Asher stood up and heade
d for the kitchen.  "I need a drink," he muttered.

"Ooh me too! Can you bring me one?"


He chuckled as he poured her a glass of water. He was going to need something much stronger.

"Why can't you sleep?"

"I'm just really stressed out, lately," he said, trying to change the subject.

"It's Dad, isn't it?"

"No! Uh, no. That's not it. I'm just tired, I work all day, and we're running out of money."

"Why don't you try going downtown tomorrow- well, I guess today, since it's technically 1:30. Play some music at a bar, unwind. If you set out a jar and ask for tips, people will totally give you money."

It couldn't hurt to try, right? He loaded his guitar and amp into the rust bucket called his car and drove to a bar in the new Downtown in the early afternoon. He set up his gear and put out a jar. After quickly scribbling "Tips, please :D" on the label, he was ready to go.


He always seemed to forget how great playing music made him feel. It was like all the stress and concern melted out of him with each song. He played for hours, and more than one tipsy patron paid for his drinks. At one point, another sim joined him on drums. Even though Garret was off beat, it was a blast to play with another music lover.

Asher started feeling pretty sleepy and the drinks were getting to him. He cleaned up his equipment and checked his jar. His jaw dropped when he saw how full it was. He made 800 bucks, doing what he loved. And thank goodness, because he was able to afford a cab, instead of trying to drive in his condition.

Asher's looking to start up a rock band. He needs a drummer, a bassist, and a singer. If any of your sims are musically inclined, please, please, PLEASE drop me an email at lemoncreekpo@yahoo.com if you'd like to talk about getting a band started. 

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have two Sims in my hood looking to start up a band. This offer is very enticing for them, but I don't want them moving away. I'll email you with some questions about it.

    I never knew that's what that jar said! I learned something new! LOL! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it doesn't! It is just something sweet, polite Asher would scribble. It's really a simolean sign, but I take creative license.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Sim who is pretty talented at singing. His two brothers are great musicians, too. If you are interested in the Tyreon brothers, just tell me and I will send a post to that email address. :)

    ReplyDelete