Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Finding Love Again

He was almost ready.

Ryen Crow only needed to pack his suits, and he would be finished. He could carry his trunk down the stairs and say, "I'm out of here!" He opened his dresser and started picking through the clothes when he heard his wife screaming downstairs. "RYENNNN!"


"What, what is it?" Ryen asked, sprinting into the game room.

"D-don't panic," Eve said, breathing heavily.

"Tell me!"

"I think it's time."

"I think so too. I've been meaning to talk to you about this." Ryen started mentally going through the argument in his head. He had worked out everything he wanted to say.

"The baby is coming."

"What?!"


---

Ryen had never loved someone as much as he loved this little person. To him, Rae Elizabeth Crow was six pounds, five ounces of pure love. He smiled when she smiled, and when she cried, he wanted to join her.


"I'm a father," he kept saying in disbelief. After Eve talked him into setting Rae down for a nap, Ryen finally went to the kitchen to start dinner.

He saw his wife, whom hours earlier he was about to leave, standing in front of the open fridge, pondering what to cook. He suddenly felt so much love for her his heart hurt.

"Eve," he said, softly.

She turned around, making a brave face. Anytime they spoke anymore, they ended in an argument. She was ready for it. He broke the distance between them and pulled her to him.

"Yes, Ryen?"

It had been so long since he'd said it to her that it felt foreign coming out of his mouth. "I love you."

2 comments:

  1. Awww, so cute! I'm glad they're giving thier marriage another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had a really sweet ending. I thought by the title that he found another woman, but I was wrong. Good luck with the new baby! :)

    ReplyDelete